Valentine’s Day is one week away, but more importantly Galentine’s Day, only one of the best holidays ever, is also about a week away! If you are a Parks and Rec fan, then there isn’t much explanation needed for the importance of Galentine’s Day and celebrating your gal pals. But, for those unfortunate to not know the significance of February 13th, I’ll have the words of the great Leslie Knope do the explaining …
“Every February 13, my ladyfriends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
I love Parks and Rec as a TV show and appreciate Leslie Knope as a woman – although she is fictional. Any holiday to honor, celebrate, and support women is a holiday that I can get behind. This year I wanted to share some of my recommendations on how to celebrate Galentine’s Day fully and I hope that you enjoy reading them. There might even be a potential reward for those who make it to the bottom of this post!
Cheers, and happy Galentine’s Day Ladies!
Celebrate Everyday Gal Pals
In a perfect world hosting the ultimate brunch would be ideal for a group of gal pals, a stack of waffles, and pitchers of mimosas. Since Galentine’s Day is on a workday this year, an alternative is to host a lovely lunch for your co-workers – your everyday gal pals! I am on year two of Galentine’s Day lunch with my coworkers, every year I have invited a growing list of ladies out to lunch to detox and enjoy each other’s company. There isn’t always an opportunity to take a step out of the office to connect, so take advantage of the holiday for lunch to celebrate each other.
Consider these other ways to celebrate:
- Leave words of affirmation on post-its notes in the ladies’ restroom
- Bake some treats for all women in the office
- Instead of a Valentine celebration consider a smaller catered breakfast gathering for the ladies in the morning
- Order a little extra for the gentlemen to enjoy after
Honor Your Day One Gal Pal
My mother (ship) has and is the greatest gal pal I know! If you are blessed with a day one gal pal, don’t wait until Mother’s Day to show your appreciation. Instead, surprise her with a Galentine’s Day gift of love and celebration.
Here are some ideas on how to make your mum feel special:
- Use the Valentines’ specials to buy her flowers
- Surprise her with a home cooked meal or take her out to lunch
- Treat her to a spa day
- Author a letter thanking her for that she has done for you
Download these Galentine’s Day Cards to give out to your gal pals
Download Print Ready Cards Here
Reconnect With Your Besties
My long-time friends are some the most important people in my life – even though we don’t always get to see each other. These girls have been there through the good and bad with me, but mostly it’s been all good because we always seem to pick up from where we last left off. Having a strong support system and a tribe of friends is what Galentine’s Day is all about!
Why not try out these following ideas too:
- Organize a mimosa focused brunch meet-up
- Send out handwritten notes
- Make portraits of each of your friends made from the recycled pieces of their favorite diet sodas
- Throw a Galentine’s Day party and watch Parks and Rec
- Follow my Galentine’s Day Pinterest board for inspiration and party ideas
Support Your Fellow Blogger/Influencers
I could probably dedicate an entire blog post to all the ladies that I admire on Instagram, Pinterest, and the Internet! It’s aspiring to see the level of quality and investment from influencers (especially those who blog full-time). I hope that people can begin to appreciate the amount of time and creativity influencers put into their platforms and content. Galentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to highlight some of your favorite bloggers/influencers in support of their work!
Here are three ways to support:
- Share a blogger’s blog post on your Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest page
- Highlight a bloggers Instagram aesthetics on your Instagram Stories
- Reshare a influencers’ social posts
- Leave a comment on a blog post that stood out to you
This Galentine’s Day don’t forget to celebrate the most important gal pal that you know – yourself! I’m a firm believer in self-love and the treat yo’self lifestyle. I’m naturally an introverted homebody, so I have no problem setting boundaries to give myself alone time to gather myself. If you are feeling overwhelmed from always giving onto others, while supporting others, it’s important to dedicate time to celebrate yourself.
Practice Self-love By Doing The Following:
- Have your own at-home spa day to pamper yourself
- Buy a fresh bouquet of flowers to display in your home or at work
- Make a list of all the things that you like about yourself, display it on or near your mirror
- Try something by taking a class to learn something new (cooking, yoga, dance class, certification course)
- Indulge yourself by having a meal with all of your favorite food items on the menu
Make An Impact On The Lives Of Other Women
Leslie Knope is a woman bursting with hope to change the world for the better and the tenacity to actively make change occur. Every initiative, small or large, has the potential to change someone’s life! For Galentine’s Day this year, harness this energy to make an impact in the lives of other women and girls.
Below are some organizations that you can learn more about to get more involved with:
- Write a letter to your state senator and or contact your congressperson
- Not happy with your current government representatives, join the She Should Run organization getting 250,000 women to run by 2030 #250KBy2030
- Share your passion for your craft
- Use your Amazon shopping habits for the good of others with Amazon Smile.
- Amazon Smile is exactly like regular Amazon but 0.5% of eligible purchases will go to the charitable organization of your choice. My Amazon Smile is linked to Girls Inc!
CuriousLi Galentine Giveaway/Prize Draw
Now in the name of sisterhood and the spirit animal of Leslie Knope, I want to host my first giveaway from CuriousLi. Yay, it’s giveaway time!
So here are the details of the giveaway, please be sure to read through the official rules before entering please – I’d hate for anyone to be surprised. Official Rules: http://curiousli.com/curiousli-galentines-day-sweepstakes-official-rules/
Here is a Quick Sweepstake Rules Summary:
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins February 7, 2018, at 12:00 PM PST and ends on February 14, 2018, at 11:59 PM PST
- Eligibility: You must currently live in the United States of America and be at least 18 years of age
- How to enter: Fill out the Rafflecopter widget below
- Winners Selection & Announcement: Winners will be selected randomly through Rafflecopter and the winner will be notified by email or direct message on social between with three to seven business days and will have 48 hours to claim the prize.
Grand Prize (total retail value: $50.23)
One (1) winner will receive one (1) Fenty Beauty BY Rihanna Bomb Baby Mini Lip and Face Set (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $23.00), one (1) hardcover copy of Feminist Fight Club An Office Survival Manual for a Sexist Workplace (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $17.23, one (1) Sassy Stemless wineglass (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $10.00), and one (1) Refinery29 Postcard (approximate retail value or “ARV’: $0.00)
First Prize (total retail value: $7.00)
One (1) winner will receive two (2) Ladies Celebrating Ladies can cooler sleeves (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $2.00), one (1) Diamonds pencil pouch (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $3.00), three (3) lapel pins (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $2.00)
Second Prize (total retail value: $0)
One (1) winner will receive five (5) Refinery29 Postcards (approximate value or “ARV”: $0.00)
Just learned you can list your blog giveaway on the Blogger Giveaway Directory!